1991. For the World to Live Columbus Must Die. - Russell Means


Russell Means, an Oglala Lakota and a prominent voice in the struggle for indigenous rights, was the first national director of the American Indian Movement.

I hope to be remembered as a fighter, and as a patriot who never feared controversy - and not just for Indians. When I fight  for my people’s right, when I protest government lies and illegal seizures and unlawful acts, I defend all Americans, even the bigoted and misguided.

         ~Russell Means (1939-2012)

Audio is from Colorado, 1991.

audio from alternative radio.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1927 - "We [first Americans].. ask you while you are teaching school children about America first, teach them the truth about the first Americans.

1969 Tumbleweeds comic strip: Not everyone finds stereotyped humor funny

1993 Runnin' Joe from Arkansas State is abolished - but the name remains