1968: Indian Youths: Destroying Themselves?

On Indian-ness.. “Before I moved here, I didn’t look at myself as an Indian, but not as a white either. Where I lived before, there were not too many people who cared for Indians. They were not really abusive, but they didn’t seem to think they were human. In school, the kids put me down, made me feel that being an Indian was something to be ashamed of. Then I got to know Indians. You feel at ease with them. You find there is nothing wrong with being an Indian.”  1968, June 24 Star Tribune 
1968, June 24 Star Tribune 

Popular posts from this blog

1927 - "We [first Americans].. ask you while you are teaching school children about America first, teach them the truth about the first Americans.

1969 Tumbleweeds comic strip: Not everyone finds stereotyped humor funny

1993 Runnin' Joe from Arkansas State is abolished - but the name remains